Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm an over achiever.

Two in one day?!?! Thats right. This one is for the road...

This is for my fellow american's who have never been to the state of New Jersey. It drives me crazy when people make fun of my new loved, completely obsessed with, new home. No, I don't have big fake hair now (I resisted in Utah, I'm capable of resisting here) nor do I live off an exit on the parkway. I've never met anyone from the cast of Jersey shore nor anyone who acts like that, granted I'm very antisocial and picky about who I talk to.
Now, as much as I'm completely obsessed with the state in which I reside there are things that bother me about it...
Parking meters, I'm back to hoarding quarters.
Parallel parking, I'm terrible at it, no denying, and if you saw the car I drive here you would TOTALLY understand.
Everyone thinking I'm Irish. Theres something about the East coast and them being obsessed with heritage.
The fact that every city, town, or burrow has the SAME named streets, Maple, River Road, Mountain Ave. no joke. Everywhere you go.
The fact that people here think what they have are mountains (granted I can't be too harsh, not everyone can have the pleasure of enjoying the majestic mountains of Utah)
The raccoons who terrorize our trash cans.
there is NO place, besides the grocery store, that you can purchase Dr. Pepper... Its like putting an alcoholic in a dry state.
There are no Walmarts, I realize this brings out the redneck in me but let it shine... I miss me some cheap, open all night, wallyworld.
Last not but not least, time zones. This is not just against New Jersey this is just the world in general. I freaking hate time zones. They confuse me and make me sleepy.
There is a significantly longer list of things I LOVE about New Jersey. But this is a blog about things I love. ;)
Til next time,
You're favorite red head.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Maybe new jersey is trying to save you from yourself when it comes to Dr. Pepper. :) but anyways the real reason is because Dr. pepper is independent and probably isn't bottled by coke or pepsi out there.

    ReplyDelete